Crack The Books™ is a state of the art, interactive book series for upper elementary students. Developed in collaboration with top universities, scientists, educators and specialists, Crack The Books™ is the ﬁrst standard based, core curriculum aligned digital book series that includes both interactive enhancements and universal design accessibility features. Designed for all students, from children with special needs to students who are academically gifted, Crack The Books™ gives educators a powerful new teaching tool to help students of all academic skill levels meet state standards for reading comprehension.
Crack The Books™ are the ﬁrst interactive books that can be adjusted for reading level. Students can experience all of the content presented to their classmates, while reading at a level that is appropriate to their ability. Targeting 3rd to 5th grade science and social studies core curriculum concepts, our iBooks allow for reading level adjustment from 1st grade to 8th grade, making it possible for all students in a classroom to access the same curriculum content regardless of their reading ability.
Crack The Books™ will cover a variety of topics, including earth habitats, geography, weather, physics, human body, US government, explorers, US history, US states and the solar system.
Digital Science Book Features
- Adjustable reading levels from 1st to 8th grade
- Designed to National Academy of Sciences standards
- Aligns to core curriculum standards
- Supports 2nd – 6th grade curriculum
- Visual supports for comprehension
- Hundreds of high resolution images
- Videos and custom animations
- Interactive globes, charts and activities
- Interactive vocabulary definitions and glossaries
- 30 individual chapter quizzes, 5 final tests
- Built in test grading
- Study guides and chapter previews
- Universal design elements
- Integrated voice over features
- Adjustable print size
- Bookmarks for multiple students
- Dropbox integration
Our ﬁrst books covering earth’s habitats will be available in September 2013. Look for more titles covering physical and social sciences in early 2014.
One Book. Five Reading Levels. Infinite Possibilities.